Senior Front End Engineer
Do you get a kick out of beautifully coded and super intuitive interfaces? Are you up for a challenge with lots of autonomy? Want to join a growing SaaS Scale-Up used by the world’s top companies ?
Well then, come join us and get on board for the ride of your life !
At Ovinto we provide a SaaS solution that automates and modernizes rail & intermodal freight management for companies in the Chemical, Oil & Gas industries. Our software makes it really easy & user friendly to:
- optimize & reduce manual input
- optimize efficiency
- increase safety
- reduce costs
We are honored to work with renowned clients such such as Evonik, BASF, Ineos, Sabic and LyondellBasell. We take pride in the fact that all clients that have started using our SaaS, still use it to this day. Or to put it another way: our churn is 0 ! We are currently a team of 12 people strong and we plan to grow to 18 people by end of 2020.
We have come a long way to find exactly the right product-market fit here at Ovinto, but now we have got it nailed. Our customer base is growing steadily, and our customers love our solution. So now it's time to scale ! Our goals are realistic, but ambitious: in 5 years time, we want grow our portfolio from 12 clients at the moment, to having Europe's top 100 Chemical companies and the top 100 Oil & Gas companies in our portfolio.
More customers means more users of our software, and means expansion of its functionalities. As our Senior Front End Engineer, you will get the opportunity to build the future or our interface, as we grow to be the software of choice in our field:
- In close collaboration with Salva, our CTO, you’re responsible for our complete front-end. You develop really user-friendly interfaces for the features we’re building, from wireframe to interface in production. You find ways to represent complex information in a simple way. Our interfaces are quite diverse, containing graphs, cartography, workflows that are adaptable by drag & drop, …
- You’ll be a driving force behind our transition from AngularJS to React.js.
- Together with our 4 Back-End Engineers, you form the product team.
- You’ll get a lot of autonomy to organize and execute your job in the way you see fit. We use Jira & Slack to keep things nice and tidy.
Want to know if we'd fit with who you are ? Check out our DNA
- We live for our clients, we do everything we can to make them delighted with our product.
- We have a relentless focus on providing as much value as possible for all key people at our clients.
- We make heads turn at our clients because of our implementation speed and our top product quality.
- We work hard and play hard, but we realize that there's more to life than work alone.
- We take initiative & get stuff done.
- We work in a methodical and structured way.
- We respectfully speak our mind. We don't hold back feedback even if it can confront others.
- We don't take ourselves too seriously :)
What we offer
- A job in which you can build a broad and deep expertise in rail freight supply chain processes, together with a variety of world-class companies that are leaders in their field.
- An opportunity to grow together with a dynamic SaaS company.
- A job in wich you can impact the sustainability of our planet; supporting the rail freight sector, one of the most sustainable transport modes.
- A salary and benefits package that is very competitive in the market (including a company car, mobile phone subscription, hospitalisation & group insurance, ...)
- No more traffic jams on your way to work ! We recently moved to our brand new HQ in Aalter, well connected by road and rail, between Brugge & Gent.
- And last but not least: being welcomed by a jolly gang of enthusiastic people with a mission to change the freight world for the better !
Who are we looking for ?
- You love to write clean & elegant code and you have a knack for UI/UX.
- You hold at least a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent by experience), and you have at least 3 years of experience in front-end development.
- React has little secrets for you. Bonus points if you know your way around Angular.
- You like to take initiative and responsibility.
- You can combine a strong sense of quality with high efficiency.
- You can organize your work well and like to cooperate with others to build a great product.
- You’re in for a laugh: we are serious when we need to, and we have fun whenever we can ! Say hello to laughing your ass off during lunch breaks, crazy company outings to festivals (it's high time for Covid to be gone), and a golf simulator at the office every now and then :).
- You are Fluent in English, both spoken and written. A lot of us have Dutch as native language, but don't let that hold you back ! :)
Give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be with you as soon as possible.